OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATION ("Rules")
The "Brother Monthly Draw Giveaway" contest (the "Contest") is open to Canadian residents over the age of majority as more completely set out in the Eligibility rule.
The Contest starts on August 9, 2019 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on March 31, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET (the "Contest Period").
The sponsor of this Contest is Brother International Corporation (Canada) Ltd. (the "Contest Sponsor").
This Contest is open to residents of Canada over the age of majority in their respective province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of the following: employees, representatives or agents of the Contest Sponsor, as well as their family members, and/or any person with whom they are domiciled. In these Rules, family members shall include: spouse, parents, siblings, children, daughters/sons-in-laws, as well as the parents, siblings and children of the spouse of the employee, representative or agent.
TO ENTER: No purchase required.
To receive one (1) entry into the Contest, a customer must be opted-in to receive email communications from Brother Canada at the time of each monthly draw. To opt-in to receive Brother Canada emails and be eligible to win the monthly prize, visit the Brother Canada Website ("Website") at https://www.brother.ca/. and sign up to receive emails from Brother Canada. Contest entries will be accepted between August 9, 2019 and March 31, 2020. There is a limit of one (1) entry into the Contest per person. Use of multiple email addresses to enter the Contest more than once is prohibited and may result in disqualification of all entries. No purchase or payment of any kind necessary to enter or win. A purchase of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
Potential winners will be selected by random draw to be held the first Monday of each month from September 2019 to April 2020 on or before 6:00 PM ET ("Draw Dates") at 1, Hotel de Ville Street, Dollard-des-Ormeaux, QC. In order to be eligible to win the prize, the winners must be opted-in to receive Brother Canada emails at the time of each monthly draw.
Attempts will be made to contact selected entrants within five (5) business days of the draw using the email address or telephone number provided upon entering the Contest. If the selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, another entrant may be randomly selected. Prior to being declared a winner, the selected entrant must first: (i) Before being declared winners, the winners must correctly answer unaided the following mathematical skill-testing question: (10 x 4 ÷ 2) + 6 – 1. If the mathematical skill-testing question is incorrectly answered, the winner will be automatically disqualified. (ii) if requested, complete, sign and return within 14 days of receipt, a declaration of compliance with these Rules and liability and publicity release ("Declaration and Release") releasing the Released Parties (defined below) from any liability whatsoever including, without limitation, liability for personal injury or property damage, in connection with the prize and the Contest; and (iii) otherwise be in compliance with these Rules. If a selected entrant does not respond to the initial email from the Contest Sponsor within 48 hours of it being sent, does not correctly answer the skill-testing question in the manner prescribed, does not return the Declaration and Release within the required time period, or is otherwise not in compliance with these Rules, his/her entry will be voided and another selected entrant will be chosen from the remaining valid entries in accordance with these Rules.
There are ten (10) Prizes available to be won in the Contest. The number of prizes available will reduce as awarded. A Prize consists of one (1) $250 CDN promotional code to be used on Brother.ca in a single transaction per winner. All costs not expressly stated as being included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Prize will be emailed to the winner at the email address provided.
A winner can only win one prize. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or component thereof of equivalent value in the event of the unavailability of all or part of the Prize. The prizes will be distributed within 4-6 weeks after each winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her prize, and Contest Sponsor has received the required Release duly completed.
1. By participating, entrants agree to: (a) abide by these Rules and to accept the decisions of the Contest Sponsor as final; (b) release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliated and related companies, and any other organization involved in the administration or promotion of the Contest, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, arising from or in connection with the Contest or an entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
2. For purposes of these Rules, an entrant is the person whose valid name and email address appears on the entry submitted into this Contest. It is to this individual that the prize will be awarded if selected and declared as the winner. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. All entries must provide a valid email account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. Entries must be made only by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server(s).
3. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of prizes selected than contemplated in these Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all such eligible prize claimants after the Contest closing date to award the correct number of prizes.
4. Entrants agree the Contest Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible for any failure of the Web Page during this Contest, for any injury or damage which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any materials as part of this Contest, nor for any problems or technical malfunctions with respect to telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software or any failure thereof or Internet traffic congestion, or any combination thereof including damage to an entrant’s or third party’s computer.
5. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for print or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials; for lost, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, delayed, deleted or destroyed entries; or for entries that are posted late or incorrectly or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or by failure of an entrant to provide complete, accurate and/or up-to-date personal contact information to the Contest Sponsor.
6. Subject to the jurisdiction in Quebec of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest for any reason, including should a virus or any other factor beyond the Contest Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, proper play or conduct of the Contest, or the odds of winning.
7. Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
8. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Rules at any time without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this Contest. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
9. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or interfere with the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all responsible persons to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Each entrant, should he/she be declared the winner, agrees to the use of his/her name, voice, comments, photograph and area of residence in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor, without notice, payment, compensation or retribution.
12. By entering the contest, you hereby: consent to the Contest Sponsor's Privacy Statement including the storage and transfer of your personal information outside Canada; and acknowledge that the Contest Sponsor may disclose your personal information to service providers of the Contest Sponsor in connection with any of the activities in connection with this contest.