Sponsorships & Donations
As a corporate citizen, Brother International Canada has chosen to support a significant Canadian cause that is dear to our hearts and close to our core values.
Based in Toronto, Childhood Cancer Canada (CCC) was established in 1987 as a support organization to help children with cancer and their families across the country. They are a national organization dedicated entirely to the fight against childhood cancer, with the goal of improving the lives of children with cancer and their families through:
- The funding and promotion of childhood cancer research, working in partnership with all of Canada's 17 childhood cancer hospitals and treatment centers.
- Support and resource programs for children with cancer and their families, including the emPower Pack, Scholarship Program and Benevolent Fund and several other programs that provide information and resources to families at critical stages in their cancer ordeal.
- Issues advocacy, including advocating for progressive social and healthcare policies in support of those who suffer from childhood cancer.
Brother has pledged a three-year commitment to support the CCC. Through its partnership with them, Brother has become a National Sponsor and helps fund a variety of initiatives, including:
- Childhood Cancer Survivor Scholarship Program: A scholarship program for young Canadians who are either in treatment or who have survived childhood cancer and are beginning their first year of university or college.
- Teen Connector: an online social networking site dedicated to teens with cancer so they can connect with each other and with mentors across the country. Visit Teen Connector >
- emPower Family Support Kits: Brother will support the shipping of these kits, a resource for families of young cancer patients that contain a selection of informative books, journals and brochures as well as gold pins - the international symbol of hope for children with cancer.
More information about the CCC is available on the organization’s Web site at Childhood Cancer Canada or by calling 1-800-363-1062.