Brother Canada, Montreal
Want to join a successful, customer-focused sales and distribution company as a Project Manager? ¬†
Located in Dollard des Ormeaux in Montreal’s West Island, Brother International Corporation of Canada is currently looking for a Project Manager. The Brother name is synonymous with success in the marketing of innovative, award-winning business machines and high-quality sewing machines.
A Project Manager plays a vitally important role in our customer-focused organization.
You lead and manage corporate projects throughout the organization, primarily projects related to workflow and process automation.¬† You champion all aspects of a project from original concept through the final implementation and ensure governance process adherence, project continuity, and stakeholder management. ¬†Your exceptional planning, coordination and communication with project members, stakeholders and internal customers plays a decisive role in the achievement of our business objectives and ultimately, the ever ‚Äďimproving satisfaction of our customers.
Reporting to the Management Committee, and functionally to the company President, you work directly with varying project sponsors at the management level. ¬†You provide strategic solutions, manage project budgets and their performance against financial parameters as well as monitor and report on projects.
You oversee the work of project-based resources in collaboration with the resources’ direct supervisor.You foster strong collaboration between project team members, based on necessity, and not necessarily hierarchy. You develop an environment where everyone can propose solutions to improve the project’s performance and where everyone participates in its success.
Are you a passionate, self-starting individual with exceptional interpersonal communication and project planning skills? Do you have a strong desire to optimize corporate performance? Do you create a sense of belonging and encourage a sense of pride by providing project teams with an amazing work experience?¬† Can you consistently challenge the status quo and demonstrate a positive attitude? If you answered YES, then we definitely want to meet you!
We’re looking for great people who can take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of projects, including monitoring scope, milestones, dependencies, costs, and benefits through lifecycle.
- Develop project budgets. Be responsible for performance against financial parameters and for monitoring and reporting on projects, including monthly reports to the senior leadership of the organization.
- Create project artifacts, such as project plans, measures, team and stakeholder communications, resource and time management.
- Direct projects comprised of multiple sub-projects and tasks. Evaluate project deliverable changes and determine their impact on related and interdependent tasks and projects.
- Build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.¬† Effectively communicate progress and follow up on project initiatives.
- Promote, evangelize and develop communication plan roll out of projects.
- Identify and highlight risks and issues within the project and escalate appropriately. Devise effective mitigation and escalation strategies for projects to address risks and issues.¬†
- Be accountable for project progress and enact corrective measures, such as additional resource allocation, when necessary.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with vendors.
- Assist with the performance reviews for project-based resources.
- Propose governance structures and processes to drive and manage the project. Manage implementation of project management methodology and governance tools. Drive projects through project governance methodology and ensure compliance to tollgates.
- Work with department stakeholders to develop a project management approach, and train designated resources on project management methodology.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 8 years’ experience leading multi-departmental projects.
- Experience in managing company-wide internal IT initiatives such as automation solutions, workflow processes, and system requirements in a customer experience environment and web content delivery.
- Ability to develop in-house training programs and methodologies.
- PMP, Six Sigma or other PM certification.
- Experience with planning and managing all phases of system development (e.g., requirements gathering, design, configuration, development, COTS selection, testing, conversion and application support).
- Self-starter with ability to self-manage multiple timelines priorities.
- Strong leader and influencer; ability resolve complex and diverging departmental needs.¬†
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively work at leadership level of an organization.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- People oriented, with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with employees, stakeholders, internal clients and project sponsors.
- Advanced Microsoft office suite and project management application.
So please contact us and join us in our quest to deliver superior customer service! Send your resume today to email@example.com
“GREAT PEOPLE DELIVERING A SUPERIOR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE”
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Brother Canada GREAT PEOPLE team